Please for the the following resources of 2013 for the DH Awards 2013. Have a look over the resources in each category and then fill out the form linked to at the bottom of the the page in order to vote. For frequently asked questions please see http://dhawards.org/dhawards2013/faqs2013/.
VOTING NOW CLOSED
Voting is now closed for DH Awards 2013. Results will be announced (and aggregate data released) in a few days once duplicate voters have been removed.
Best DH contribution not in the English language
Nominations for this category should be for DH resources or publications that are not in the English language.
- digilibLT: Biblioteca digitale di testi latini tardoantichi
- Eä – Revista de Humanidades Médicas & Estudios Sociales de la Ciencia y la Tecnología
- Edição de Textos
- Evaluación para proyectos de Humanidades Digitales
- IMP Language resources for historical Slovene
- Mapping Controversies 2013: The Protests in Brazil
- Musisque Deoque
- Oral History Today: Verteld Verleden
- PoliMedia – Improving the Analyses of Radio & Newspaper coverage of Political Debates
- Woordenboek Grieks/Nederlands
Best use of DH for fun
Nominations for this category should be for projects/resources/sites for DH which are designed to be fun or inherently playful.
- Funk’s SoundBox
- Technecolor: A digital meditation on communication and culture
- Trove News Bot
Best DH visualization or infographic
Nominations for this category should be for a graphic, infographic, or visualization created for or by the DH community.
- Aceh Tsunami Archive
- Infographic – the Humanities Matter
- Illustrations for Six Degrees of Alexander
- Kindred Britain
- Lincoln Logarithms: Finding Meaning in Sermons
- Netzwerkvisualisierung: Daniel Kehlmanns RUHM
- #PRISOM Evolution Poster
- The Hiroshima Atomic Bomb Archive
- What makes a helpful visualization?
Best DH tool or suite of tools
Nominations for this category should be for a tool or suite of tools created by members of the DH community, used for enabling, encouraging, and/or accomplishing DH work.
- Augmented Notes
- Commons In A Box
- Corpus corporum
- Global Outlook DH
- PressForward WordPress plugin
- The Electronic Manipulus Florum Project
- UNC Digital Innovation Lab’s DH Press
Best DH blog post, article, or short publication
Nominations for this category should be for a specific short DH publication (peer-reviewed or not) whether article, blog post, or other publication.
- “Digital Literary Pedagogy: An Experiment in Process-Oriented Pedagogy” by Roger Whitson, Kimon Keramidas, and Amanda Licastro
- “I’m not going to edit your £10,000 pay-to-open-access-publish monograph series for you” by Melissa Terras
- “Just Google It – Digital Research Practices of Humanities Scholars” by Max Kemman, Martijn Kleppe, and Stef Scagliola
- “‘Psychopower’ of Cultural Diplomacy in the Information Age” by Natalia Grincheva
- “Songs of the Victorians” by Joanna Swafford
- “Six Degrees of Alexander” by Diane Harris Cline
- “The Digital Humanities Is about Breaking Stuff” by Jesse Stommel
- “The Geographic Imagination of Civil War-Era American Fiction” by Matt Wilkens
- “The Three Orders or Digital Humanities Imagined” by Marjorie Burghart
- “What if Google killed Scholar?” by Max Kemman
Best DH project for public audiences
Nominations for this category should be for a DH project designed to be used by audiences primarily outside of higher education, including educators, students, enthusiasts, genealogists, engaged citizens, etc.
- Ancient Lives
- Cymbals Magazine Online
- Founders Online: Correspondence and Other Writings of Six Major Shapers of the United States
- Global Education Leaders
- I ♥ E-Poetry
- Our Marathon: The Boston Bombing Digital Archive
- Preserving American Freedom: The Evolution of American Liberties in Fifty Documents
- Shelley-Godwin Archive
- Texas Manuscript Cultures
- The Fleischmann Diaries Online Archive
- The Fort Vancouver Mobile app
- The Language of the Same-Sex Marriage Cases
- UWGB Commons for the Digital and Public Humanities